Login    Forum    Search    FAQ     Radio

Board index » General Technology Discussions

Post Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:32 pm 
EVEN MORE OF A Contributing Member

Notice of Action under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act

Abuse Incident Number:
Report Date/Time: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:52:35 -0600

Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Subscriber:

Comcast has received a notification by a copyright owner, or its authorized agent, reporting an alleged infringement of one or more copyrighted works made on or over Comcast's High-Speed Internet service (the 'Service'). The copyright owner has identified the Internet Protocol ('IP') address associated with your Service account at the time as the source of the infringing works. The works identified by the copyright owner in its notification are listed below. Comcast reminds you that use of the Service (or any part of the Service) in any manner that constitutes an infringement of any copyrighted work is a violation of Comcast's Acceptable Use Policy and may result in the suspension or termination of your Service account.

If you have any questions regarding this notice, you may direct them to Comcast in writing by sending a letter or e-mail to:

Comcast Customer Security Assurance
Comcast Cable Communications, LLC
1800 Bishops Gate Blvd., 3rd Floor East Wing
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054 U.S.A.
Phone: (888) 565-4329
Fax: (856) 324-2940

For more information regarding Comcast's copyright infringement policy, procedures, and contact information, please read our Acceptable Use Policy by clicking on the Terms of Service link at »www.comcast.net.

Sincerely,
Comcast Customer Security Assurance

Copyright work(s) identified in the notification of claimed infringement:

Evidentiary Information:
Notice ID:
Asset: WALL STREET 2: MONEY NEVER SLEEPS
Protocol: BitTorrent
IP:
DNS:
Port ID: 13300
File Name: Wall.Street.Money.Never.Sleeps.2010.R5.LiNE.XviD-LAP
File Size: 1478922138
Timestamp: 2010-11-21 17:46:03.543 GMT
Last Seen Date: 2010-11-21 17:46:03.543 GMT=0A=0AIf you have some issue=
s please reply to fox.antipiracy@dtecnet.com, reply to no-reply@dtecnet.=
After 10 years or so of pirating every type of file you can think of using every protocol you can think of(mostly Bit Torrent nowadays), I've finally been caught. Is this just a warning or is somebody gonna sue me? There's no indication further action is going be taken. Unless Comcast hasn't gotten around to cutting of my internet service yet. It is a holiday weekend. It only says that may happen though.

I always wondered what I had to do to get caught. I feel like Frank Abgnail Jr or something. Maybe instead of suing me they'll make me a consultant on movie piracy. Leonardo Dicaprio can play me in the movie. Catch Me Downloading If You Can.

Seriously though. Is this just a warning or an initial notification of suit being filed against me. I've never heard of anyone else getting a warning though.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:33 pm 

It doesn't matter, but it was ISOHunt.com which is actually an index(though it does a host a few torrents). I don't know what site the hosted the tracker. That's not how they find you anyway.

Also I should clarify that it was seeding that got me caught, not actually downloading. I finished downloading it over a week ago but got the DMCA notice a couple days ago. So if I would've closed the torrent when I finished downloading instead of leaving it open for seeding, I wouldn't have gotten caught. That's actually a common misconception. Its not downloading(in most cases) that get you in trouble. Its uploading.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:48 pm 

LMAO...Maybe instead of suing me they'll make me a consultant on movie piracy.

I got a simular letter, wasnt quite as specific as you got, vauge would be a better word.
And i wonder what exactly, they are/can do with this accusation in the future.
At any rate i agree the culprite isnt the d/l but the u/l, more so.

Board index » General Technology Discussions